When it comes to dating and relationships there is no cookie-cutter format. However, there are some things that can be done to make or break a relationship. For women the end of a relationship could stem from things like: not calling when you said you were going to call, to cheating on her and finding out it was with her best friend. But, what about guys? What are the 5 things women do that guys hate?
After interviewing 100 guys I know, one of them my husband, the others family, friends, clients and colleagues, there are only 5 things that women do that seem to drive men absolutely crazy. And, not crazy as in head over heals crazy, but more like crazy and deranged! Check out my list below and if you agree give this article a thumbs up. If you disagree leave us a comment and tell us why you disagree.
You don’t say what you really mean
- This was the number one complaint that men expressed. According to most men, women say one thing but mean another, and then expect for men to somehow be a mind reader, read between the lines and figure out what they really want.
Well I am sorry to tell you ladies men don’t know what women really want. For one thing, they are not Mel Gibson, and second, they are not mind readers. Communication is key!
They hate it when women behave like victims:
- If men have to be the night in shining armor then who is it that women need to be. If you guessed rescued… Ding, ding, ding; you got it!
Okay, ladies, men do not mind opening and closing doors, picking up the tab every now and again and living happily ever after with you. But, let’s face it if you’re looking for a night and shining armor to save you, well perhaps you’re going to have to save yourself because Prince Charming is a myth.
Stop stalking his Facebook page:
- So, a woman with big – – – s and a big you know what sends him a friend requests and he accepts. Does this really mean that he wants to bonk her? Absolutely… Not!
I get it ladies. Since you think your man is a stud your belief is that every good-looking woman out there wants him. Well according to men not every woman wants them and even if they do want your man, it’s his choice if he takes the bait. For the love of GOD, learn to trust your man or have the confidence enough to let him go if you do not trust him. But, don’t, don’t stalk his Facebook page, and tell him who he can or cannot be “friends” with.
Stop blaming men for what your last man did to you!
- This should be number one in my book, but it’s number four because a lot of men get that some women have been really hurt by men they loved. But, on the other hand, what the last man did to you is not this man’s fault so please, leave the baggage in the past and accept the man in your life for who he is.
Using sex as a weapon.
- Okay so it’s your body and you can do what you want to, cry if you want to, make love if you want to. However, if you are using sex as a weapon, i.e., withholding the goodies to get a man to do what you want when you want it, don’t be surprised if that tactic comes back to bite you in the ass!
Men absolutely abhor women that use sex to get in the relationship, but then withhold sex once they are in the relationship. And, trust when I say, most of these guys get that you don’t want to have sex with them when the relationship is going bad or things aren’t working out. Hell, they don’t want to sleep with you either. But, if things are going good and you go in with a healthy sex life and then start holding out because you aren’t getting your way, the relationship won’t last. Compromise is key!
So, there you have it ladies and gentlemen; the 5 things women do that guys hate. Now, although I wrote this article I do not necessarily accept everything on this list. For instance the whole sex conversation was uncomfortable. I mean after all it is her body to do with it what she wants to. However, I did have to consider men’s perspective on these subject matters.
I suppose if you’re a man reading this post, perhaps you can relate. On the other hand if you’re a woman reading this, some of these things might be upsetting. I think the objective here is to take it in, learn from it, leave it, or throw it away. This is the perspective of 100 men, and though there opinions might resonate with some men, they do not speak for all men. Thanks for letting me share. Please do leave your comments below.
Collette Gee is an International Dating and Relationship Expert, and the Author of “Finding Happily, No Rules, No Frogs, No Pretending.” Collette works with men and women, helping them to create and sustain healthy, and meaningful romantic relationships. Click Here to Learn More
****Want to connect with 100’s of happy members? Click here to join the FREE Facebook group for community, support and encouragement.****